What if we closed our doors? No really. What if HeyChef! ceased to exist? If this matters to you, read on. PLEASE. There IS a way host great parties in Lake Tahoe and Truckee with the most qualified, experienced team. (HeyChef! has been doing this for over 20 years and we want to continue!) DISCLAIMER: This is a full-disclosure blog post – my spin on Berkshire-Hathaway shareholders’ report (of sorts) – just with fewer zeros. So what if we closed our doors? At year’s end this is a real question for many businesses. But for businesses located in the Truckee-Tahoe area the concern is all the more real due to the stressors of a weather-dependent, seasonal economy amidst a crisis over affordable housing and lack of workforce. Oh, and we run a business in the state of California. Nuf said.
We thought of a solution and we hope it works to keep our doors open in 2019. And it’s a deal you will regret passing up if you stop reading. So keep reading. Please.
As business operators, here is the crux of the problem, as we see it.
- Clients usually call us for just one special celebration each year, and it’s the same day every other person on vacation in Tahoe wants to hire us (this year it’s 12/28, but we know y’all have more to celebrate on other days too!)
- Clients typically call us with only a week or two advance notice (sometimes even the day before) and we can’t get our wonderful staff for their home because they’ve already committed to working elsewhere (this year we started getting calls on 12/10, just two weeks before Christmas!)
As clients, here is the crux of the problem you’ve shared with us:
- There aren’t good, dependable workers in Tahoe (for housekeeping, maintenance, babysitting, etc.) who are available when we need them.
- When vacationers come up for ‘high season’ the town is just too busy; we want to stay in instead of going out to the same restaurant year after year.
- We spent so much time and energy building our vacation home but we don’t spend enough time in it, creating memories with our loved ones.
- I’d love to hire a private chef and waitstaff team but it gets expensive.
We’ve listened. So what if we took all these things into consideration so you could host your parties, more affordably, with great staff? And what if we didn’t have to try and bear the costs of a year-round business on the income of just five key weeks’ worth of ‘high season’ income? That’s right, just five weeks. Traditionally businesses (not just ours) earn the majority of our income on the weeks of Christmas, New Years, Martin Luther King, July 4th, and Labor Day. This is particularly tough on business owners when the region suffers low snowfall or a nearby fire causing visitors to flock elsewhere. It’s brutal when it happens more than one year in a row.
So enter The Solution. We need you to share this with friends!
Introducing the 2019 V.I.P. Membership, available through HeyChef! now through 12/31/18.
The V.I.P. Membership gives you four, yes four, unique dining experiences during 2019 AND gives you 20% off all other reservations of staff for events that year. It also lets you customize the four experiences and includes access to chef Grog through his Ask Me Anything Service, as well as a Service Management Profile (SMP) from a certified Household and Estate Manager (yours truly, Holly Verbeck). There are other great details too fantastic to go into here, so I’m just going to give you the skinny and let you look at the document yourself to see.
It’s a no-brainer. If you entertain friends and family in Lake Tahoe or Truckee (or even Reno, Nevada) this package will set you up for a year of personal, distinctive and delicious dining experiences.
The V.I.P. Membership is a great deal for you if:
- You’ve hired us to work culinary magic in your home for parties.
- You plan to use our services in the future.
- You support locally owned, small businesses who in turn support local charities.
- You’d like more affordable inhome entertaining options
- You love a smoking good deal
Need more good reasons? Here are a few more:
- You need a year-end expense to help you with tax deductions
- You often contribute items for silent auction fundraising and want something wonderful to donate
- You need great gifts to give (e.g. your executive assistant, business partner, best client, etc.)
Get all the details here:
The V.I.P. Membership is a discount you can’t pass up. If you do, we’ll all cry tears from missing out. our doors might close. No, really. There are a limited number of memberships available. And we’re offering this smoking hot deal because memberships assure us of a reasonable stream of minimum guaranteed revenue so we are protected from the pitfalls of doing business in a weather-dependent vacation town.
Brilliant, right? But act now. Please. Because…
- The value on the Membership is too good to pass up.
- Committing to four HeyChef! dining experiences in a year isn’t that big of a stretch – you’re going to do it anyway, why not just plan it out with us?
- It’s been our pleasure to run this company, in this town, for over 20 years and we’d like to continue doing so.
- Our company profits support our local charity partner, the Truckee NorthTahoe Emergency Warming Center
- Our business has contributed to Best of Tahoe Chefs for over ten years, supporting the Cancer Center programs at Tahoe Forest Hospital
What?! You still haven’t picked up the phone to call and get your Membership spot? Do it! Oh, you say you need one more good reason? Ok. Here it is: when you tell your friends about the V.I.P. Membership and they join too, you get a FIVE dining options, not FOUR. (Plus, it’s totally likely you’ll be invited to their table when they’re throwing their party, so the joy just keeps expanding for you!)
We invite you to call us today at 530-582-4882 or text 530-414-3439. And we look forward to serving you for years to come. Please consider purchasing a V.I.P. Membership to make sure that happens for you, for our business, and for our community. May you be blessed with the knowledge that we are and always will be connected through the memories we share and create together, and may this holiday bring you closer to those you love.